“Here’s a secret about Whittier: It’s ascending as a great food city.” —Javier Cabral, Los Angeles Times, 2014
Consider the ascension complete! Whittierites (and foodies who visit our town from far and wide!) know that the food scene here is second to none. That’s why the Whittier Public Library Foundation is so excited about our spring fundraising campaign—
What’s Cooking at the Library?—happening five Thursday evenings in late April through May 2021.
For a tax-deductible $25 donation to the Whittier Public Library Foundation in support of the upcoming renovation of Central Library, you’ll receive exclusive access to a video of one of five professional chefs who will serve as your tour guide for a behind-the-scenes look at their Whittier-area restaurant, then take you into in their kitchen where they’ll show you what it takes to make one of their signature dishes!
Donate $100 to the Foundation and get access to all five videos—plus a chance to win one of five $100 gift certificates to the featured restaurants!
Space is limited, so make your donation and get your ticket—and a chance to win—today!
- Chef Tony Alcazar of The Crooked Gaff making Crab Esquite
- Chef Ricardo Diaz of Bizarra Capital making Spicy Deviled Shrimp at Poet Gardens
- Chef Shane O’Brien and Chef Claudia Galindo with Chef David Lessin of Four Bricks
- Chef Lorin Smith with Kevin Smith of The Dal Rae Restaurant making the Tableside Caesar Salad
- Chef Ashley Barboza with Troy and Debbie Silva of Orchard’s BBQ and Grill making The Cardiac Burger